Friday, October 21, 2011

LET THE FUN BEGIN
FRIDAY OCTOBER 21st

Well the trip officially begins today! After spending years of thinking about it, months of planning and days of drinking we are finally on our way (I hope as I'm sitting here waiting for Max and John to get here for our early 11:00 departure). I've just spent 4 days here in the Bay Area shopping, packing and repacking and visiting friends and family. 4 days I figure is about the maximum amount of time I should spend at my cousin Jenny's house. Any longer I'd be afraid I'd no longer be welcomed. Plus I've finish off all the gin in the house and there is not much beer left. Not to mention the two earthquakes we had yesterday. I do not want to be anywhere near this place when the big one hits!

Day 1- We meet Rick Farren at Alices Restuarant South of SF
Rick wisely parked his bike well away from ours

Today we hope to make Santa Cruz via Alice's Restaurant. I know! Your saying "they will never get to South America at this pace" but hey you've got to start with baby steps. Hell, maybe tomorrow we will even make it half way to San Diego!
Thanks for all the well wishes and I promise to start including more pictures to make this Blog a little more interesting.

CATCHING UP ON SOME PICTURES

Dharma Don leaving Skagway

My buddy Oceanius. Friends Steve and Sara's son who I stayed with on Widbey Island

My friend Russ who road with me from Widby to Weaverville Ca.

GS in front of Platina Store in Northern California
Goodbye Jim and Lenny 
A Russian Orthodox monastery in the hills above Platina



A Grizzled old Biker

No comments:

Post a Comment